iOS Interval Timer for Personal Trainers and Clients
In a previous post we told you about the new Workout Timer that was built into the Workout Details page. We also created a similar interval timer that is its own tab within the FitSW iOS app. This iOS Interval Timer has larger text since it doesn’t have to be viewed within a workout. We also specifically designed it so that it can be viewed easily from far away or while you are moving around.
iOS Interval Timer Features
Here are just a few of the features:
- Specify number of sets or repeating cycles
- Set Active Time per cycle
- Set Rest Time per cycle
- Audible and visual cues to indicate transitions
- Large display to view easily while moving or from far.
- Pause & restart buttons
Let us know if you have additional feature requests.
How to Use the iOS Interval Timer
- Access the Timer in the More tab
- Click the “Set” button and and the app will show a new screen.
- Specify the number of repeating sets or cycles, the Active Time per cycle and the Rest Time per cycle. Then click Start in the upper right.
- Your timer will begin. You can Pause it at anytime by clicking the “Pause” button. You can also reset it by clicking the “Reset” button.
We provide both the workout timer and this interval timer to give you flexibility. This one has larger text and the easy to see cues indicating Active or Rest stages of the set. The timer on the Workout Details page has smaller text but lets you view Workout Details at the same time. Use whichever one works best for you. You can even switch over between the two and the timer count will maintain consistency.