iOS Workout Timer App for Personal Trainers and Clients
We recently added the ability for personal trainers and their clients to utilize a timer for Active and Rest periods during workouts in the FitSW iOS App. So rather than having to use a separate workout timer app, you can use one right in the app. We have created two ways to use the workout timer:
- As a standalone timer in the “Timer” tab. More info here.
- As a built-in timer to the workout that can be seen right there on the workout details page. More Info Below.
In this post we will talk about #2, the built-in timer that is on the Workout Details page. You can read about the Stand-Alone timer here. Rather than having to have a separate workout timer app, personal trainers and their clients can use this built-in feature right from the workout page. This makes it easy to view workouts and keep tabs on time without having to switch back and forth.
Exercise Timer / Workout Timer Features
The workout timer / exercise timer currently allows personal trainers or their clients to do the following:
- Specify number of sets to run the timer for
- Set Active Time periods
- Set Rest Time periods
- Displays all this information on the workout details page above workout.
- Audible and visual cues to indicate Active -> Rest and Rest->Active transitions.
We are also looking for feedback on any additional features our users would find valuable so send us a note or post a comment if you have feedback.
How to use the Exercise Timer / Workout Timer
- Go to your Workout Details page for the specific workout and then click the button called “Workout Timer”.
- Specify number of sets (repeating cycles) for the timer, Active Time, and Rest Time. Then click Start in the upper Right.
- That’s it! The timer will start.